miércoles, 10 de mayo de 2017

FOL-INGLÉS LISTENING EXERCISES ABOUT UNIT 2: EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT

Here you have four audios about the Employment Contract. Play them and you will be able to improve your listening as well as your knowlege on FOL-Inglés.
Have fun and enjoy yourself!!




EXERCISE#1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3FSPEutOd6AOUMwQ3paZko5OVU/view?usp=sharing


EXERCISE#2

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3FSPEutOd6AOUl5UjkwbkJNSVU/view?usp=sharing

EXERCISE#3 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3FSPEutOd6AV0U5eWhiY2VyOW8/view?usp=sharing


EXERCISE#4
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3FSPEutOd6AY0NKa1VRWVhNcU0/view?usp=sharing


If you want to have the text of the exercises, keep on reading this post



AUDIO EXERCISES UNIT 2

Written by: Mª Isabel Pérez Ortega
Read by: Evelyn Niederer


EXERCISE #1. Answer these three questions:
1st There are two kinds of people in an employment contract. Who are they?
ANSWER: They are the worker and the employer.

2nd What does the worker have to do?
ANSWER: He has to do his/her job or the tasks the employer orders.

3rd What does the employer have to do?
ANSWER: He has to pay the worker for his/her job or for the tasks.

EXERCISE # 2.  Listen carefully to me. I am going to read about some relationships in the labour market. Some of them are right and others are false.

a) Tell your teacher if it is correct or not.  
b) If it is incorrect, tell your teacher the correct type of relationship it is.

Here is an example:
1. The relationship between a domestic worker and the employer is a special employment relationship.
ANSWER: It is true.

Now you try:

2. The relationship between a dock worker and the employer is an ordinary employment relationship.
ANSWER: It is false. It is a special employment relationship.

3. The relationship between an inmate and the employer is a non-employment relationship.
ANSWER: It is false. It is a special employment relationship.

4. The relationship between an artist and the employer is a special employment relationship.
ANSWER: It is true.

5. The relationship between the state and its civil servants is not an ordinary employment relationship.
ANSWER: It is true.

EXERCISE #3  I will say four scenarios.  Listen and answer, are they an example of a real employment relationship? 

Here is one example:
1. I help my friend in his pub from time to time; I occasionally serve some drinks.
Now, I am waiting to be paid for that work.

ANSWER: It is not an employment relationship.

Now you try:

2. My uncle has a restaurant. I have gone there three times to give him a hand. Now, I am waiting to be paid for that work.
ANSWER: It is not an employment relationship.

3. I am married. My husband has a hotel. I go there some times and work for  a couple of hours to help him in the busy times.
Now, I am waiting to be paid for that work.
ANSWER: It is not an employment relationship.

4. I work three days a week in a restaurant. I work eight hours a day. The boss has told me to keep the tips the clients give me. I have already been working 30 days.
Now I am waiting to be paid for that work.
ANSWER: There is an employment relationship.

EXERCISE #4  Here you have four young people that want to start working in a hotel. Listen carefully and then, tell your teacher if they could sign their own contracts or if they will need his or her legal representative to do so.

Here is one example:
1. I am sixteen and this summer I will be working in the kitchen to get some money.
ANSWER: Yes he can work but he can’t sign the contract; he needs his legal representative.  

Now you try:
2. Luis is eighteen years old. He will be working at the swimming pool to get some money.
ANSWER: Yes he can; he can sign the contract himself.

3. William is seventeen and he will be working serving drinks in the restaurant.
ANSWER: Yes he can work but he can’t sign the contract; he needs his legal representative.  

4. Evelyn is fourteen years old. This summer she will be working to get some money.
ANSWER: No, she can’t; he is under sixteen and is not allowed to work.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario